Covid-19 Grooming Policy
Due to Covid-19 the way in which I work and groom your dog(s) has changed dramatically. I will be adhering to the strictest of guidelines to reduce the spread of the disease. It must be clearly understood that clients wishing to have their dog(s) groomed will do so at their own risk and must agree to terms and conditions below.
Anybody self-isolating, classed as vulnerable or showing any symptoms, MUST NOT under any circumstances attend a grooming appointment.
Owners are permitted to take and collect pets by vehicle to be groomed by appointment only. The necessity for an appointment is to ensure social distancing at all times and minimise cross contamination. Grooming requirements will be discussed prior to the appointment, conversations on meeting MUST be kept to a minimum.
- There is room to park at the grooming address on the drive next to the Spa. If I am not present, please phone my mobile number. My address is on a busy main road, please ensure your dog is secure before getting them out of the vehicle. They can use the front lawn, on a lead, for toileting if necessary.
- The handover protocol set out by the Canine and Feline Sector Group will be followed. If your dog will not enter the Spa willingly, there will be an extended clip lead, which will be disinfected between each dog, to attach them onto. The owner must retreat beyond 2 metres. I will then collect your dog with my own business lead putting your equipment in a sealed box. I can then take your dog into the spa. The reverse procedure will take place for collecting the dog.
- It is preferred that you come back at the agreed time to collect your dog. If you wish to remain in your vehicle this will need discussing beforehand. The beach, promenade and nature reserve are nearby. There are also shops and local amenities available. There is a downstairs toilet in my house customers can use, for those travelling from further afield. This will be cleaned and disinfected in-between appointments.
- The Spa will be fully cleaned and disinfected between each dog. I will also be changing clothes and PPE for bio-security. Appointments are staggered to allow sufficient time between appointments, please arrive promptly.
- All dogs must arrive thoroughly brushed and combed out as they will be bathed first (unless discussed prior to the appointment) to remove any potential virus on the dog’s coat. All dogs will be misted down with a pet safe, non-irritant, anti-viral spray, (recommended and tested for Covid-19) before and after leaving the Spa.
- I will do my best to maintain the desired style but any knotted or matted coats will be clipped short for animal welfare after first discussing with you remotely. Dogs requiring extensive work will incur extra charges.
- Payment is preferred by bank transfer (BACS) before the appointment. Cash payments must be put in an envelope (exact amount only, as change cannot be given) and posted through the box provided before returning your dog.
- I will not be taking photographs for the foreseeable future to limit contact with unnecessary objects.
Any questions or concerns must be discussed prior to appointments. I will not be answering my phone as regularly, so please leave a message and I will return your call when it is safe to do so.