Here’s my top 5 November Tips:
- It’s getting darker for those morning and evening walks so make sure your owners wear fluorescent clothing or you can get fluorescent collars, reflective leads, coats or LED flashing lights to attach to your collars. If you have bought any good products why not share them by using the contact page, facebook or twitter.
- Make sure you can never get lost by getting microchipped click here for more details. Don’t forget your ID tag on your collar too.
- Keep yourself occupied during those noisy fireworks – play with your toys, chew on a treat or eat your favourite filling from a kong style mould. It’s good to have a hiding place you feel safe in, I like to hide behind the sofa with my favourite rug. Remember pets outside need extra bedding to burrow in and partially cover the cage or run to provide more soundproofing.
- It’s good to be distracted by background noise such as a radio or TV, keep the windows shut to reduce noise, close the curtains or blinds so you can see less flashes too.
- Do not eat any chocolate or sweets however nice they smell, very toxic and can make you extremely ill or even kill you. Chocolate has a chemical compound called theobromine, which is the real danger as dogs and cats cannot metabolise theobromaine effectively like our owners can.
Keep safe throughout November