Here’s my top 5 February tips:
1. 14th February – St Valentine’s Day, nothing like a cuddle from your best friend! Make sure you don’t eat your owners gifts, chocolate and other foods are very poisonous, leave early spring bulbs well alone too click here
2. February is Pet Dental Health Month – show us your smile, don’t be shy! Get your owner to talk to their vet about how they can reduce plaque and tartar build up by carefully brushing their pets teeth, this keeps our mouth healthy and can help bad breath! #NationalPetDentalHealthMonth
3. Now here’s the highlight of the year 23rd February is NATIONAL DOG BISCUIT DAY yipeeeeeeeee, make sure you leave a reminder note in the house! This day is also celebrated around the world as International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day – respect. Why not have some fun and get your owner to challenge you, by hiding treats in plastic cups placed upside down, shuffling the cups and trying to find your favourite treats by knocking them over! If that’s too easy try saucepans.
4. Chinese New Year falls on the 19th February, it’s the year of the goat – why not check out which animal you are? click here
5. On those cold wet weather days over half term get the family to play hide and seek, can you hunt out a member of your family or your favourite hidden treat? Hide and treat! Treat bobbing is another family favourite in our household – can you retrieve a treat from a bowl of water quicker than your family can get the apple out of their own bowl of water? This is great for encouraging the increase of liquid in the winter months when we don’t pant as much.
Have a great month friends