Here’s my top 5 March tips:
1. It’s National Bed Month – Do dogs or cats sleep longer? Here’s dog information on how much we sleep on average. For the cat lovers out there here’s cat information on sleep times. Choosing the right bed for your pet can be a tricky decision with so many on the market, here is some general dog bed advice. If you’re looking for a cat bed check out this general guide. Yawn…..stretch, feeling a bit sleepy – time for a nap.
2. The 16th – 22nd March is National Salt Awareness Week – salty foods are not good for us, be careful sharing sausages, deli meats, gravy, processed food and canned human food it can contain lots of salt. Too much salt can cause imbalances, kidney disease, poisoning and even seizures. Excess salt can cause us to drink or urinate more. Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting, diarrhoea, depression, tremors, high temperature, and seizures. Always contact your vet if you have any concerns.
3. World Water Day is on the 22nd March, always make sure there is fresh clean water available for your pet. Water is so important and a daily requirement, it keeps our body’s healthy. Signs of dehydration include gums appearing dry, sticky or pale – it can also indicate illness. Also dry, sunken eye balls or a dry nose. Keep your pets drinking bowls or bottles clean, wash thoroughly and dry with a paper towel to prevent germs, bacteria and even fungus growing. Never allow your dog to swim anywhere where there is a sign warning you of blue-green algae, the algae produces a strong powerful toxin which can kill dogs if ingested.
4. March is Poison Prevention Month to find out more information on protecting your pet from products we all have in our homes click here
5. The 11th March is No Smoking Day read here how second hand smoke is dangerous for your pets.
Enjoy the start of Spring friends